1) Does it work in the back-end?
2) Are you using a (submission) form override (check in Content type configuration). If so please switch off.
3) Which front-end template are you using? (this determines the framework like Bootstrap/UIkit/Gantry)
4) Can you test with Protostar template in the front-end?
Please read the F2C documentation before asking questions! Thank you if you've done so
1) The form seems to work ok, submissions go where they need to.
2) Sorry, could not find anything labeled Submission Form Override, so not sure where to 'turn off'
3) Custom template, designed using artisteer
4) when switched to Protostar, the X button and "Crop Image" did disappear.